1. Information we collect
1.1 Information you provide
a. Client Registration. Information you give us when you register for an Account as a Client. We may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number and job application.
b. Payment Information. When you add your financial account information to your Account, that information is directed to our third-party payment processor. We do not store your financial account information on our systems; however, we have access to and may retain, subscriber information through our third-party payment processor.
c. Communication. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, e-mail address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide. We may also receive a confirmation when you open an e-mail from us. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
1.2 Information we collect when you use our services
a. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. The Website uses “cookies” to collect information about your visit and to manage your preferences. A cookie is a small computer code added to a file on your computer as a record of its visit. It does not collect or provide your personal information. It can, however, be used to note information about your visits, such as your type of web browser, operating system and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, to better tailor the Website for you. We may share information obtained from the varying kinds of cookies with third parties, including vendors, advertisers and others. You can control what cookies are accepted by your device through the settings on your browser or by deleting them. Doing so, however, may limit the personalization available to you.
c. Usage of our Services. When you use our Services, we may collect information about your engagement with and utilization of our Services, such as processor and memory usage, storage capacity, navigation of our Services, and system-level metrics. We use this data to operate the Services, maintain and improve the performance and utilization of the Services, develop new features, protect the security and safety of our Services and our customers, and provide customer support. We also use this data to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enables us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of our incubation.
d. Opting-Out of E-Mail Marketing Communications. You may always opt-out of receiving future e-mail marketing messages from GIA. We provide you with the option to opt out of such communication from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each marketing e-mail. Please note that you may not opt-out of our service-related communications.
2. How we use information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our Services;
- Improve, personalize, and expand our Services;
- Understand and analyze how you use our Services;
- Develop new services;
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the Service, and for marketing and promotional purposes;
- Process your transactions;
- Send you text messages and push notifications; and
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service, or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
3. How we share information
We may share the information we collect in various ways, including the following:
- Vendors, Third-Party Agents and Service Providers: We have third-party agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and service providers that perform functions on our behalf, including, but not limited to, hosting, providing the platform used to deliver the Website, technical integration, hosting, and analytics. These entities may have access to personal information, if needed, to perform their functions.
- Aggregate Information. Where legally permissible, we may use and share information about users with our partners in an aggregated or de-identified form that can’t reasonably be used to identify you.
- Business Transfers. Information may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to any potential acquirer, successor, or the assignee as part of any proposed merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- With Your Consent. We may share information with your consent.
4. Legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you; (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights; or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. We have a legitimate interest in operating our Services and communicating with you as necessary to provide these Services, for example when responding to your queries, improving our platform, or undertaking marketing.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
- Consent to the processing of personal data within the Qualification form
- Consent to the processing of personal data within the Newsletter and Contact Us
5. Third-party services
We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third-party services, and we encourage you to carefully review their privacy policies.
GIA is committed to protect your information. To do so, we employ variety of security technologies and measures designed to protect information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. However, please bear in mind that the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
7. Data retention
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate need to do so (for example, to provide you with service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
8. Your data protection rights under the general data protection regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by emailing email@example.com.
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, please contact us by emailing email@example.com
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
9. Children’s privacy
Our Website is intended for users of age 13 and older only. Accordingly, we will not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children that we know to be under the age of 13. If we become aware of personal information in our database that was collected from a child under 13, we will delete such information.
10. International data transfers
The data controller of your personal information is Green Innovation Academy.